Baked Cranberry Chicken
Chicken and cranberries are a classic flavour combination. This dish is easy to prepare and makes a flavourful mid-week family meal.
- Heat oven to 190 degC.
- Trim chicken of excess fat. Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan and brown chicken pieces on each side.
- Place chicken in an oven pan, season with salt and pepper and scatter with craisins.
- Place cranberry juice, vinegar and cornflour in a small bowl. Stir to combine and until cornflour is dissolved.
- Pour liquid into the frying pan and simmer, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens, then pour sauce over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, basting once or twice during cooking, until the chicken is properly cooked.