Nutty couscous salad
( SERVES 4 )
|½ cup||Almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped|
|2||Carrots, peeled and grated|
|½ cup||Walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1¼ cups||Water, boiling|
|150 g||Feta, cubed|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|⅓ cup||Pine nuts, toasted|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh mint, chopped|
- Place couscous in a bowl with turmeric and curry powder.
- Pour boiling water over and stir briefly.
- Cover couscous with plastic wrap and leave for 5 minutes to steam and soften.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork and combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well to serve.
To toast nuts, place in a small ovenproof frying pan. Place pan over heat and roll nuts around the hot pan to toast evenly. or, place pan in an oven heated to 180degC for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing once during cooking until nuts are golden brown.