Parmesan biscuits with a pesto top
( SERVES 54 )
This is a super starter with a glass of wine before lunch. Topped with pesto and an olive, these biscuits look smart but are easy to make!
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor. Process until the ingredients are just combined.
- Remove dough and form a ball. Roll this till you get a thickness of 5mm.
- Using a 5cm x 5cm cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To assemble, place ½ tsp of red pepper pesto on top of a biscuit, then a slice of olive.
Cook's tip: Parmesan biscuits will keep in an airtight container for 10 days. The roasted red pepper pesto can be bought at most supermarkets. Pesto can be substituted for something else – even a little homemade chutney would be delicious.