Banana coconut bread
Delicious straight from the oven, or cooled spread with butter, either way this loaf is a winner.
- Heat oven to 180C (or 160C fan bake). Grease and dust a standard loaf tin with flour.
- Place melted butter, lighty beaten eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas in a bowl and whisk briefly to combine.
- Sift flour and baking powder into another bowl. Add coconut and make a well in the centre.
- Pour wet mixture into the well and stir to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave bread to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with butter if desired.