65g butter 1/3 cup sugar 1 egg 1/2sp vanilla essence 1/2 cup flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 cups dessicated coconut 1. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and beat on a low speed to combine. Stir in the coconut.
- Shape the mixture into two logs of 4cm in diameter. Wrap in greaseproof paper and freeze until required.
- If you wish to cook the biscuits straightaway, chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- To cook the biscuits, heat oven to 160 degC. Line two baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Slice 1cm thick rounds and place on prepared trays. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.