The food of Australia is just as good as the climate, with an abundance of exotic fruit, macadamia nuts and, of course, seafood. While we might not all be able to travel to the tropics but we can certainly cook some of their food, to bring a little bit of sunshine into the Kiwi home!
- Place coconut, whisked egg whites and flour in separate shallow bowls. Mix salt, pepper and chilli powder into the flour.
- Dip prawns into seasoned flour, then into egg white and lastly the coconut.
- Combine chopped mango, lemon juice, chopped red onion, coriander and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan to a depth of 3cm.
- Once oil is hot, quickly fry prawns until coconut is golden and prawns are pink. Transfer prawns to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.