Fig and Walnut shortcake
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Walnuts, roughly chopped|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place flour, cornflour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles crumbs, then add egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out half of the mixture between 2 sheets of baking paper and place in a lined 28 x 20cm slice pan.
- Chop figs roughly and scatter over shortcake with walnuts.
- Roll out remaining dough to cover fig mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon rind and enough lemon juice to make an icing. Spread over cooled shortcake before cutting into bars.