Soba noodles with vegetable salad
A simple, easy and cost effective meal brought to you by Helen Jackson's weekly meal planner.
- Place capsicum on barbecue or gas hob and chargrill until just blackened. Cool, remove skin and seeds, then slice into strips.
- Cook beans (halved lenghtways), snow peas (halved lenghtways) and asparagus (halved lengthways) in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Cook soba noodles according to packet directions. In the meantime, heat a little oil in a frypan and quickly cook tofu until golden.
- Combine garlic, wasabi, mirin, sesame oil, ginger, oil, salt and pepper in a jar, cover and shake well.
- Gently fold noodles and vegetables together and sprinkle with dressing. Scatter over crispy noodles.