Caramel banana ice cream
When the days are hot, there is nothing quite like a lovely icy treat to eat and ice cream is popular at any time of the day!
- Place sugar and water in a small pan and heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to the boil, then without stirring, boil until mixture turns a deep golden colour.
- As the mixture starts to change colour to amber, remove from heat and carefully pour in 1 cup of cream. Stir to combine.
- Place peeled bananas in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add remaining cream and vanilla, then pulse until well mixed.
- Combine the caramel cream and the banana mixture, pour into a plastic container, cover tightly and freeze overnight or until firm.
Check out Ray McVinnie's video on 'How to make chocolate shards'