Smoked fish fattoush
Fattoush is a Middle Eastern salad made from toasted or fried pieces of pita bread, mixed greens and smoked fish.
- Remove skin and bones from the smoked fish.
- Place roughly chopped cucumber, finely sliced onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Scatter with finely chopped parsley, fresh mint and coriander leaves.
- Flake fish and mix through salad.
- Cut the pita breads in half and toast until golden, then break into bite-sized pieces and add to salad.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed and chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and oil. Mix through salad and scatter with chopped almonds.