Barbecue Steak Sandwich
The classic recipe of a steak sandwich is made even more delicious with the addition of honey cooked onions.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan, add onions and cook over a medium-low heat for 15 mins until softened.
- Add the honey and vinegar and cook for 10 minutes more, stirring often until caramelised.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove to cool.
- Heat a barbecue on high. Brush steaks (leansteaks, such as sirloin or rump) with oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Barbecue steaks for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast bread on a grill and place each steak on a slice of bread.
- Top with spinach leaves, sliced tomato and a dollop of honey onions.
- Top with remaining bread slices.