Wontons are a great starter before the main meal, or to serve as finger food at a party.
- Mix together the pork mince, water chestnuts, fish sauce, grated ginger, rice wine, sesame oil, prawns and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Cut spring roll wrappers into quarters or squares of about 6cm in diameter.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the centre of each square. Brush the edges of the pastry with water, then draw up each corner, pressing edges together.
- Heat enough oil to deep-fry wontons - about 8cm depth - in a large, deep-sided saucepan.
- When the oil is hot, cook the wontons in batches until they're golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels, then serve with your favourite dipping sauce.