Mini ginger and pineapple cakes
These mini cakes are delicious by themselves, but for an extra taste sensation try them with cream cheese icing and chopped walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Warm together milk and golden syrup until syrup is liquid. Remove from heat.
- Stir through baking soda and add to butter mixture along with sifted flour and ginger.
- Mix until smooth and then stir through pineapple.
- Spoon batter into greased mini loaf or muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden on top.