Lemon and prawn risotto
The Italians certainly know how to do food well and many of the world's most popular recipes originated in an Italian kitchen.
- Melt first measure of butter in a large saucepan and gently cook finely chopped shallots and finely chopped garlic until tender.
- Remove tails from eight of the prawns, roughly chop the flesh and set aside.
- Add rice to pan and toss to coat the grains with butter.
- In another saucepan, heat the wine and stock.
- Add hot stock, a ladleful at a time, to the rice, stirring until rice absorbs the liquid before adding more. Continue to cook this way until rice is tender to the bite. It will take about 20 minutes. Add chopped prawns with the last ladleful of stock.
- Heat second lot of butter in a frying pan and quickly cook the 12 whole prawns until opaque.
- Stir the mascarpone and grated parmesan through the risotto. Spoon risotto into bowls, top with whole prawns, 1 tbs lemon (use 1/2 of lemon) rind and parsley.