Slow cooker pork and prune casserole
Slow cookers allow a better distribution of flavors through your meal. This casserole is particularly tender and tasty when cooked in this manner.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Brown the pork loins well on both sides. Remove from pan, place in a slow cooker and scatter dried prunes over the top.
- Add peeled and sliced medium carrot, sliced celery sticks and sliced leek to the pan and continue to cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, then the cider or wine and stock cube. Bring to the boil, stirring until the sauce thickens and the stock cube dissolves. Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over the meat and prunes, put lid on slow cooker and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 6 hours on low. Alternatively, this can also be cooked in the oven in a covered casserole dish for 2 to 2½ hours at 150C.
- Serve with mashed potato and beans.