Beef and pumpkin red curry
Photo by Tam West
A quick and easy mid-week dinner, this curry can be served simply on a bed of rice.
- In a bowl, mix the beef with 2 tbsp oil until coated.
- Heat a large saucepan and brown beef in batches. Set aside.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Return the beef to the pan along with the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently, loosely covered for 1 hour.
- Add the chopped pumpkin and cook for 25 minutes more. Stir in roughly chopped coriander leaves, reserving a little to garnish.
Tasting notes: Add more flavour if required by adding some fish sauce and kaffir lime leaf at stage 5. Bump up the zinc levels in this dish by serving with a sprinkle of tasted pumpkin seeds.