Broccoli and Sesame Stir-Fry
Stir-fried dishes are one of the easiest and most versatile ways to cook up a healthy mid-week dinner. This broccoli based stir-fry infuses sesame oil and seeds with ginger and chillis for a spicy, delicious meal.
- Pour boiling water over the egg noodles and leave them to soak for 4 to 5 minutes until they have softened, then drain well.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes to blanch it. Drain and allow the cold water to run through the broccoli to cool it quickly and preserve the colour. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the sliced chilli(deseeded), grated ginger and chopped garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, then add the broccoli to the pan and stir-fry it for 2 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the egg noodles to the pan and then stir in the soy sauce and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is hot.
- Stir in the sesame oil and seeds, and mix well. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately.