Turkish lamb burger
( SERVES 4 )
Patties can be made a day early and refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Combine mince, two-thirds of the crushed and chopped garlic cloves, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, dried oregano, fresh breadcrumbs and chopped parsley in a bowl. Mix well and shape into 6 patties.
- Heat barbecue hotplate and cook patties in batches until golden on each side.
- Meanwhile, brush eggplant (sliced lenghtways) and capsicum (cut into quarters) with oil and cook on the grill until tender.
- Combine natural yoghurt with remaining garlic, and season with salt to taste.
- Slice Turkish bread into slices approximately 14cm wide. Cut each slice in half and cook on grill until lightly toasted.
- Place rocket leaves on the base of each bread slice, top with a lamb pattie, eggplant, capsicum and a dollop of yoghurt. Cover with a bread lid and serve.