Glazed carrots with coriander
( SERVES 6 )
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add coriander seeds. Toast for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, orange and lime juice and brown sugar. Stir over a medium heat for 5 minutes
- Season the mixture and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce to a low heat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the mixture, increase the heat to high and stir until the liquid has reduced.
- Transfer the carrots to a plate and sprinkle with coriander.
Cook's tip: When you are entertaining, go easy on the coriander. Always check with family and friends before adding it to the carrots. It does tend to polarise people – they either love it or hate it.