A beautiful and delicious breakfast bread, or as a dessert.
- Warm milk and stir in yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Lightly whisk 2 egg yolks and 1 egg.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and mix in softened butter, eggs and yeast mixture. Combine well.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it's soft and elastic. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Place in a warm spot and allow to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Turn dough out and gently punch down, then place in a greased 24cm loaf pan. Preheat oven to 180°C. Allow to rest while oven is heating, then cook for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and firm to touch.
- Turn brioche out and leave to cool on a wire rack.