Spinach & cheese pierogis
( SERVES 25 )
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Wash spinach, then place in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook until just wilted.
- Allow to cool enough to handle, then squeeze excess moisture out and finely chop.
- Place spinach in a bowl with the finely chopped onion, parmesan and cottage cheese, nutmeg, cumin, and season.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 8 squares. Place a spoonful of filling in the centre of each, then fold diagonally into a triangle, pressing to seal edges.
- Place on a cold tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and gently cook finely sliced onion until just tender.
- Increase heat and transfer cooked pierogis to the pan. Cook for a minute or two on each side. Serve.