( MAKES 28 )
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|1¾ cups||Plain flour|
|¾ tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Dark chocolate, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence together until smooth and creamy. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Beat well. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place about 5cm apart on the baking paper. Bake for 5 minutes until golden. Cool on the tray.
- Combine the icing sugar with enough hot water to produce an icing that can be piped. Place in an icing bag or tube fitted with a fine nozzle.
- Pipe 6 lines from the centre of each cookie to the outside edge an equal distance apart. When set, make 2 lines of icing between the lines — one around the outside edge and one a little nearer to the centre. Place a tiny chocolate button in the centre.