Spider Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches + Video
( MAKES 12 )
These spider cookie ice cream sandwiches are not only cute and spooky, but they’re fun for kids to help make. Perfect for Halloween or a fun birthday treat. Don’t worry – they’re delicious for grown-ups too!
|125 g||Mainland Unsalted Butter|
|200 g||Brown sugar|
|300 g||Chantal Organics Smooth Peanut Butter|
|1 large||Woodland egg|
|1 tsp||Heilala Vanilla Extract|
|225 g||Chantal Organics flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
- In a stand alone mixer or bowl with an electric whisk, mix the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add an egg mixing vigorously, then peanut butter and vanilla extract. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and fold to incorporate.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Remove cookie dough from fridge then scoop tablespoon amounts of dough for each cookie. Roll each spoonful into a ball then flatten with a wet fork, leaving a little space in between each cookie on the baking tray.Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make the spiders: Pour your melted chocolate into a piping bag (or fill a ziplock and cut a tiny hole in one corner). Dot pupils on the white round lollies to make eyes, then stick the eyes to the upside down peanut butter cups with the melted chocolate. Draw 8 legs onto the flat side of cooled cookies with melted chocolate, place the spider head in the middle, then stick the licorice legs on top of the melted chocolate.
- Scoop the ice cream into 12 balls. Sandwich the ice cream between two cookies, with the spider cookie on top. Eat straight away or store in the freezer. Fun!