Barbeque Chilli & Pineapple Butterflied Lamb + Video
( SERVES 6 )
Try this juicy butterflied lamb barbeque cooked in a honey, pineapple and chilli marinade. A butterflied leg of lamb is prepared from a boneless leg, by opening the leg and cutting to create a butterfly shape. The increased surface area of this cut makes the meat quicker to cook. Perfect for the barbeque or grill.
|1.2 kgs||Pure South Butterflied Lamb Leg|
|1 Tbsp||Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 whole||Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple, ½ diced and ½ sliced in rounds|
|1||Chopped red chilli|
|1||Lime, + extra to serve|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|1 bag||Taylor Farm’s Kale Chopped Salad Kit|
|⅓ cup||Superb Herb coriander, chopped + extra to serve|
|250 g||Cooked brown rice|
- Place diced pineapple, olive oil, fish sauce, honey, chilli, lime zest and juice in a deep dish and mix to combine. Place butterflied lamb in and season with salt & black pepper. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook lamb for 4-5 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, turning and glazing with remaining marinade, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a plate covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Barbecue the pineapple slices with a drizzle of oil for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred.
- Place kale salad mix in a large bowl, add coriander and dressing. Season and toss to coat.
- Slice lamb and serve with kale salad, pineapple, rice, extra chilli (optional), lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Tip: Lamb shoulder or lamb leg (bone-in) would also work well in this recipe. Any leftover lamb can be used in a pita or wrap with salad for a delicious lunch.