Beef Kofta with Herby Tzatziki + Video
( SERVES 4 )
An easy Kofta kebab recipe. Good quality ground beef mixed with fresh parsley, onions, garlic and Middle Eastern spices. Serve with cool Herby Tzatziki topped with gorgeous pomegranate seeds for a truly festive feel.
|1 kg||Pure South Beef Mince|
|2 large handfuls||Superb Herb Parsley, stems removed|
|1||Toast bread slices, well toasted and soaked in water, then water squeezed out|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|1½ tsp||Ground allspice|
|½ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
- Preheat the barbeque on high.
- In a food processor, process the onion, garlic, and parsley. Add the beef, bread and the spices. Process until all is well combined and forms a pasty meat mixture.
- Remove the meat mixture from the food processor and place in a large bowl. Take a handful of the meat mixture and mould it on a wooden skewer, making 3 cm thick kebab. Repeat the process until you have run out of meat.
- Grill the kofta kebabs on the lightly oiled barbeque. Cook on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on one side, turnover and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
- To make the herby tzatziki: Lightly squeeze the grated cucumber between your palms to remove excess water and place in a large bowl, one handful at a time until all the cucumber is in the bowl. Add the yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and mix through. Let it rest for 5 minutes before stirring in the herbs. Add more lemon juice and salt to taste if necessary. Top with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve Beef Kofta with Herby Tzatziki accompanied by flatbread and hummus.
Tip: Leftover tzatziki keeps well in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil for grilling.
Flatbread and hummus to serve.
Skewers (presoaked if using wooden skewers).
We cooked on a Masport Barbeque.