Dill & Parmesan Crumbed Fish with Lemon Pepper Kumara Wedges
( SERVES 4 )
This dish has stepped it up a notch and transformed the idea of classic fish and chips with tender fish fillets coated in a crunchy dill-Parmesan crumb. With a side of lemon pepper-spiced kumara wedges and a refreshing salad - it really doesn't get any better than this.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut the kumara (unpeeled) into 1cm wedges. Place the kumara wedges on the oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over the lemon pepper spice blend, season with a pinch of pepper and toss to coat. Roast on the top shelf until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Whilst the kumara wedges are baking, roughly chop the tomatoes. Pick and finely chop the dill leaves.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour and the salt. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a third shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients list), dill and grated parmesan cheese. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Dip the white fish fillets into the flour mixture, followed by the egg, and finally in the panko mixture. Set aside on a plate, ready to fry.
- When the wedges have 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat enough olive oil to coat the base of a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the crumbed fish fillets and cook until golden and just cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side. TIP: Add extra oil if needed so the fish does not stick. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. TIP: The fish is cooked through when the centre turns from translucent to white.
- While the fish is cooking, in a medium bowl combine olive oil ( 2 tbs) and the balsamic vinegar. Add the mixed salad leaves and tomato and season with a pinch of pepper. Toss to coat. TIP: Toss the salad just before serving to keep the leaves crisp.
- Divide the dill & parmesan crumbed fish, lemon pepper kumara wedges and salad between plates. Serve with mayonnaise on the side.