Pomegranate cumin roasted kumara and potatoes with hemp aioli
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Margo Flanagan
This will take your roast potatoes to the next level. We make this Hemp Aioli a lot, as it goes with absolutely anything and everything. Feel free to add other vegetables, such as zucchini, cauliflower, red onion to make a more all-round roast vegetable salad.
|1 kg||Kumara, mix of colours, sliced lengthways|
|500 g||Potatoes, sliced lengthways|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Pomegranate molasses|
|1 sprinkle||Sea salt|
|1 bunch||Spring carrots, cut lengthways|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the kumara and potatoes onto 2 baking trays. Toss through the cumin seeds, pomegranate molasses, oil and salt. Cook for 30 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- On another tray, place the spring carrots, and drizzle with oil and sea salt. Toss to combine. Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool.
- To make the Hemp Aioli, place all of the ingredients into a blender, or use a stick blender and a jug, and blend until super-smooth and creamy.
- To serve, layer up the roasted kumara, potatoes and carrots with the Hemp Aioli and the rocket. Sprinkle with dukkah to finish.
- Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge, where it will keep for 2-3 days.