Fragrant Lamb and Date Tagine + Video
( SERVES 4 )
A beautiful Moroccan-inspired lamb stew served with couscous. Substantial and satisfying, this is the perfect dish for a lovely family dinner.
- Heat the oil in a tagine or a large pan, add the onion and lamb, then quickly fry until the lamb is lightly browned.
- Add the kumara, capsicum and spices, then mix well. Pour in 1 ½ cup boiling water and the tomato paste, then bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until kumara and lamb are tender, add the dates and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and pomegranate seeds.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the tagine with couscous topped with almonds.
Equipment: We used a Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Tagine