Easy Self Crusting Quiche + Video
( MAKES 1 Quiche )
This easy self crusting quiche is made without any pastry and is super delicious and simple. If you have leftover roasted veggies then throw them in to save time.
|½ cup||Mainland grated parmesan|
|1 cup||Mainland Grated Tasty Cheese|
|1½ cups||Anchor milk|
|½ cup||Self-raising flour|
|¼ cup||Superb Herb Parsley, roughly chopped|
|¼ tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 cups||Roast vegetables, see below|
- For The Roast Veggies: Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss the chopped veggies in oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Lay on baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes, turning half way, until golden and cooked.
- For The Quiche: Turn oven down to 180C.
- Grease and line your pie or quiche dish.
- Spread the roast veggies out in the pie dish. Top with grated tasty cheese and pat down.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, flour, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 50-55 minutes, until the egg mixture is set and quiche is golden. Let cool slightly before serving.
Equipment: We used a Le Creuset Pie Dish.