Classic Chicken & Veggie Traybake with Flaked Almonds & Dill-Parsley Yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
Create a family feast of colourful veggies and succulent chicken thigh. Our Aussie spice blend brings a moreish flavour to the chicken and veggies, while the dill-parsley yoghurt is perfect for dolloping over everything. Yum!
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
|800 g||Pumpkin, peeled|
|640 g||Chicken thighs|
|0||Aussie Spice Blend, this is a unique HelloFresh blend,|
|2 tsp||Plain flour|
|20 g||Flaked almonds|
|120 g||Baby spinach leaves|
|100 g||Mayonnaise, mixed with 1 tsp each dried parsley and dill|
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Slice the pumpkin into 1cm wedges. Cut the parsnip (unpeeled) into 1 cm chunks. Slice the red onion into 2 cm wedges. TIP: Cut the veggies to the correct size so they cook in the allocated time.
- Spread the veggies over two oven trays lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and arrange in a single layer. Roast until golden and tender, 25-30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine the Aussie spice blend, plain flour and a drizzle of olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then add the chicken thigh and toss to coat. Move the veggies to one side of an oven tray and add the chicken. Return the tray to the oven and bake until cooked through, 20 minutes. TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
- While the chicken is baking, heat a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the flaked almonds and toast, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- When the veggies are done, add the baby spinach leaves to the tray and gently toss to combine.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Divide the roast veggies between plates and top with the golden spiced chicken. Serve with the dill & parsley mayonnaise and garnish with the toasted almonds.