Paddy’s cheesy American pork burger with garlic & herb fries
( SERVES 4 )
We’ve taken the best parts of the American Southern BBQ experience – creamy sauce, aromatic herbs and spices – and added a juicy pork patty and soft buns to make a burger that y’all will love!
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut the potato (unpeeled) into 1cm fries. Spread the fries over two oven trays lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with the garlic & herb spice blend, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat, then bake until tender, 25-30 minutes. TIP: Cut the potato to the correct size so it cooks in the allocated time.
- While the fries are baking, combine the pork mince, egg, fine breadcrumbs, All-American spice blend and the salt in a medium bowl. Mix well, then shape the mixture into patties slightly larger than your burger buns. You should 1 patty per person. Set aside. TIP: Make a shallow indentation in the centre of each patty to help prevent it from puffing up as it cooks.
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the pork patties and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, 4-5 minutes each side. Reduce the heat to medium and sprinkle the shredded Cheddar cheese over the patties and cover with a lid or foil until the cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes. TIP: If your pan is getting crowded, cook in batches for best results.
- While the patties are cooking, thinly slice the tomato.
- Place the burger buns directly on the wire racks of the oven and bake until heated through, 3 minutes.
- Slice the burger buns in half. Spread the base of the burger with garlic aioli, some cos lettuce leaves and tomato slices and top with a cheesy pork patty. Serve with the garlic and herb fries.