American cauliflower & chipotle tacos with aioli & charred corn slaw
( SERVES 4 )
Spiced cauliflower provides a super satisfying filling for these tacos that are as tasty as they are colourful. We’re roasting the spiced nuggets of cauliflower for a golden, flavoursome coating that you’re going to love. Simply dollop with a chipotle sauce and cooling slaw, then get to munching!
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Place the cauliflower, All-American spice blend, a pinch of salt and pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender and golden, 15-20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, drain the sweetcorn. Thinly slice the spring onion. Slice the lemon (see ingredients list) into wedges.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the sweetcorn and cook, tossing occasionally, until charred, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the kernels are "popping" out.
- In a medium bowl, combine the slaw mix, charred corn, garlic aioli, the salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Just before serving, heat the mini flour tortillas in a sandwich press or on a plate in the microwave for 10 second bursts, until warmed through.
- Bring everything to the table to serve. Build your tacos by topping a tortilla with a helping of the slaw and roasted cauliflower. Drizzle over the mild chipotle sauce and squeeze over some lemon juice. Garnish with the spring onion.