Lebanese beef & feta meatballs with couscous tabbouleh & hummus dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Get a load of this meal that's brimming with colour and flavour. With a herb-packed tabbouleh, mildly spiced beef meatballs and a creamy hummus dressing, all the elements come together for a delightful explosion of taste!
|1 cube||Vegetable stock|
|120 g||Baby spinach leaves|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|24 g||Chermoula spice blend|
|50 g||Fine breadcrumbs|
|1 block||Feta cheese|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
|1½ cups||Water, (for the couscous)|
|2½ tsp||Water, (for the dressing)|
- Finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). Finely chop the tomato. Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Zest the lemon (see ingredients list) to get a good pinch, then slice into wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince, 1/3 of the garlic, the chermoula spice blend, the salt, egg and fine breadcrumbs. Crumble in the feta and mix well. Using damp hands, shape heaped spoonfuls of the beef mixture into meatballs and set aside on a plate. You should get 4-5 meatballs per person.
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning often, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the water (for the couscous) and the crumbled vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Add the couscous and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine, cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Set aside until all the water is absorbed, 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
- Add the tomato, baby spinach, parsley and lemon zest to the saucepan with the couscous and stir to combine. In a small bowl, combine the hummus, a good squeeze of lemon juice and the water (for the dressing). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the couscous tabbouleh between plates and top with the Lebanese meatballs. Drizzle with the hummus dressing. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges.