Fragrant Scotch eggs
( SERVES 4 )
Buy plain sausage meat or squeeze the meat from 500g of good-quality sausages.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the herbs and the spring onion in a food processor and mix until finely chopped. Combine well with the sausage meat and black pepper. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Flatten each portion. Dust the hard-boiled eggs with the flour then place in the centre of each meat portion. Wrap the meat around each egg rolling it in your hands until it is firmly in place. Dip into the beaten egg then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the sausage meat is cooked.
- Serve warm or cold as a light meal or a lunch. Excellent lunch box food.