Slow-roasted pulled chicken tacos
( SERVES 4 )
This chicken can be served as a traditional roast one night and leftovers as pulled chicken tacos the next.
|1||Whole chicken, 1.1 kg|
|¼ cup||Dark cane sugar|
|1½ tsp||Ground chilli|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|½ tsp||Mustard powder|
|1 cup||Tomato sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Cider vinegar|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Place in a slow-cooker, breast side up.
- Combine the sugar, chilli, garlic, mustard powder, tomato sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the flesh pulls away from the bones easily.
- Remove the chicken and shred the flesh. Place back in the cooker and heat through in the juices.
- Heat the taco shells according to the packet instructions. Fill with the cabbage, capsicum and pulled chicken.
- Great dusted with paprika and garnished with basil or parsley.