Jamaican Jerk Salmon and Roasted Veggies with Corn Salsa and Lime Mayo
( SERVES 4 )
This jerk salmon delivers all the colour and vibrancy that you would expect from a dish straight out of Jamaica. The corn and spinach salsa kicks the dish right off for some added excitement and freshness. Brace your taste buds for a true adventure!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Chop the kumara (unpeeled) into 1cm chunks. Slice the red onion into 2cm wedges. Slice the zucchini into 2cm half-moons. Place the kumara on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Place the red onion and zucchini on a second oven tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle the salt and a pinch of pepper over both trays and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat, then roast both trays until tender, 25-30 minutes. TIP: Cut the veg to the correct size so they cook in the allocated time.
- While the veggies are roasting, drain the sweetcorn (see ingredients list). Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. Juice the lime.
- Heat a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sweetcorn and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the chopped baby spinach, a dash of lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil to the bowl with the corn. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- When the veggies have 10 minutes cook time remaining, combine the mild Caribbean jerk seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil in a medium bowl. Add the salmon fillets and toss to coat. Return the frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the salmon to the pan and cook until cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side. TIP: The spice blend will char a little in the pan, don't worry, this adds to the traditional smokey flavour!
- While the salmon is cooking, combine the mayonnaise with lime juice (2 tsp for 2 people / 4 tsp for 4 people) in a small bowl. TIP: Add as much or as little lime juice as you like depending on your taste.
- Divide the Jamaican jerk salmon and roasted veggies between plates. Drizzle with the lime mayo and serve with the corn & spinach salsa.