Dukkah Crusted Fish and Couscous with Roasted Veggies and Lemon Yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
We’re keeping things simple with fresh fish coated with dukkah for some bold flavour, then a roasted veggies that’s sure to keep you satisfied. Top with our tasty lemon yoghurt for a decadent and delicious touch.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut the carrot (unpeeled) into 2cm chunks. Cut the courgette into 3cm chunks. Slice the red onion into 2cm wedges. Place the carrot, courgette and onion on an oven tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). Zest the lemon (see ingredients list) to get a generous pinch, then slice into wedges. Roughly chop the parsley. Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yoghurt and a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the water and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Add the couscous and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine, then cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Leave until all the water is absorbed, 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and set aside uncovered.
- Place the white fish fillets on a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Combine the dukkah and plain flour on a second plate. Lay each fish fillet on the dukkah mixture, pressing gently, then flipping to coat on both sides. In a medium frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the fish to the pan and cook until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side. TIP: The fish is cooked through when the centre turns from translucent to white.
- Add the roasted veggies, baby spinach, lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1/2 the parsley to the saucepan with the couscous. Stir to combine and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the roasted veggie couscous and dukkah crusted fish between plates. Top with the lemon yoghurt and garnish with the remaining parsley.