Fragrant Oriental chicken and corn soup + Video
( SERVES 4 )
After a comforting and delicious meal? Then look no further than this Fragrant Oriental chicken and corn soup. It’s simple to prepare and ultra nourishing.
|1 Ltr||Chicken stock|
|2||Waitoa chicken breasts|
|1 Tbsp||Olivado extra virgin sesame oil|
|1 knob||Ginger, minced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 can||Creamed corn, (420g)|
- Bring chicken stock to the boil. Place chicken breasts in the stock and turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook for roughly 10-14 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.
- Remove chicken, cool and shred. Reserve stock.
- Heat a pot to low heat, drizzle 1 tbsp of sesame oil, fry off ginger and garlic for 2 minutes until aromatic. Add stock and creamed corn. Add the shredded chicken and bring back to the boil.
- Mix cornflour with a little cold water to form a thin paste. Pour into the soup whisking constantly.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with a little chicken soup from the pot then drizzle egg mixture into the pot very slowly.
- Season with soy sauce and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
Note: This dish cooks really well in a Le Creuset signature cast iron round casserole dish.