Vegan fork biscuits
( MAKES 24 )
These delightfully simple biscuits will become a staple in your biscuit jar and a sweet treat in your packed lunch. You can substitute vegan butter with the same quantity of butter.
|125 g||Vegan butter, (I used Bu Deli, a plant-based cultured butter)|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1¼ cups||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|¼ cup||Raw cacao powder|
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cacao powder together. Sift again over the creamed mixture and fold in until the ingredients are combined.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays. With lightly-floured hands, quickly roll each ball into a round, then flatten each with a lightly-floured fork.
- Place a tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and bake the remaining tray. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool before storing in an airtight container. Alternatively, bake both trays together, rotating halfway through baking.