Potato, carrot and zucchini fritters
( MAKES 12 )
These fritters can be served hot or cold and are delicious with a dollop of natural yoghurt on top. To complete the meal, make up a salad of cherry tomatoes, cucumber chunks and slices or cubes of cheese.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the egg, cornflour, herbs and a good pinch of salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Grate the potato, carrot and zucchini using a coarse grater and add to the egg mixture, stirring to combine.
- Heat a good splash of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop 4 dessertspoonsfuls of the fritter mix into the hot pan and cook until lightly browned then turn over and brown the other side. The mixture is basically grated vegetables so push down with a spatula before turning to help hold them together.
- Transfer to the lined baking tray and repeat with the remaining mixture. Once completed, place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the fritters are cooked through.