Hong Kong BBQ chicken
( SERVES 4 )
Simple and super.
- Combine all the ingredients — except the chicken — in a jug. Mix well. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Cut the chicken into 2.5cm cubes. Thread 3-4 pieces onto skewers.
- Place in a single layer in a flat pan. Baste thoroughly with the remaining marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, turning often.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to medium. Cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes turning often, until the juices run clear.
- Drizzle with the reserved marinade.