Rice stick noodles and prawns
( SERVES 4 )
Vermicelli could replace the rice stick noodles.
|200 g||Rice stick noodles|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp||Curry powder|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tsp||Shaoxing wine|
|¼ tsp||White pepper|
- Prepare the rice stick noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water in a sieve. Place aside.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and place aside.
- Pat dry the prawns. Place in a small bowl with the canola oil and fish sauce. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- To stir-fry, heat 2 teaspoons of the canola oil in a wok until very hot. Add the prawns and stir-fry until just pink. Add the ham and onion and continue to stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the capsicum, carrot and peas and stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Tip into a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean. Heat the remaining oil until hot. Add the cooked noodles and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Stir the reserved sauce then mix into the noodles. Mix well.
- Add the prawn mixture to the wok ham and stir-fry until everything is evenly combined about 30 seconds. Drizzle with the sesame oil.