New potato salad with cos lettuce, bacon and yoghurt dressing
Cos lettuce is bright and crunchy at this time of the year and makes the perfect base for a salad. Bacon adds a delicious salty flavour, while adding yoghurt to the aioli creates a light yet creamy dressing.
|4||Bacon rashers, sliced|
|2 cups||New potatoes, cooked|
|2||Boiled eggs, roughly chopped|
|½ cup||Parsley, roughly chopped|
|1 tsp||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat an oven to 200C.
- Place the peppers on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until the skin is blistering (or char on a barbecue hotplate). Remove and cover for 10 minutes before peeling and removing the seeds. Thinly slice peppers and place into a large bowl.
- Place the bacon on to the same baking tray and cook for 10 minutes until crispy. Roughly chop.
- Add bacon to the peppers along with the potatoes, lettuce, eggs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, tossing gently.
- For the dressing, combine the yoghurt, aioli, parsley, capers and lemon juice, stirring well.
- Serve the salad on a platter drizzled with dressing.