Cherry and coconut cupcakes
( MAKES 8 )
These delicious cherry and coconut cupcakes will have the whole family coming back for more
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Cherry jam|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder into butter mixture and mix in well along with coconut, milk and vanilla.
- Place paper cases in eight muffin pans and half fill with cake mix. Put a teaspoonful of jam in the middle of each and cover with remaining cake mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool, then ice with pink icing.
- To make the icing: Mix butter, water and icing sugar together. Add a drop of food colouring and mix to a pale pink colour.
- Decorate the iced cupcakes with a fresh cherry or chopped dried or glace cherry pieces.