Luscious lemon cheesecake
( SERVES 12 )
So creamy and luscious and perfect for entertaining. This recipe that works well made the day before eating.
|150 g||White chocolate, broken into small pieces|
|750 g||Cream cheese|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|2||Lemons, zest and juice|
- Heat the oven to 120C. Line the base and sides of a 23cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter. Press into the base of the prepared tin then place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Allow the chocolate to melt then pour in the cream and gently mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- Add the lemon zest and juice (you should have about ¼ cup of juice) and beat in. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Reduce the speed to low and add the chocolate mixture and mix to combine.
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour in the filling. Place in the oven and bake for 1-1 ¼ hours or until the mixture has nearly set. The centre with still be quite wobbly. Remove from the oven and cool then cover and place in the fridge until firm.
- To serve, place the cheesecake on a large serving plate. Spread over the whipped cream and top with the blueberries. Thinly slice 2-3 large strawberries and scatter on. Place on a few mint leaves. Using a fine grater, grate over the rind of the lemon.
- Cut the remaining strawberries and serve in a bowl alongside the cheesecake.