Feta and quinoa fritters
( MAKES 20 )
|4||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|1 cup||Pams superfoods White Quinoa, rinsed|
|1||Lemon, finely grated zest|
|2 large||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 serving||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
|2 handfuls||Baby spinach, or small spinach leaves, shredded|
|1 large handful||Flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped|
|1 handful||Mint leaves, shredded|
|110 g||Feta, cut into 1.5-2cm pieces|
|1 dash||Oil, for frying|
|1 small handful||Lemon wedge, for squeezing|
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water and then place in a heavy-based saucepan with 2 cups cold water. Bring up to the boil, then cover and lower the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes before removing the lid and leaving to cool.
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and add the spring onions and lemon zest. Add the ricotta and using a fork mix into the quinoa. Add the eggs and za’atar and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the shredded spinach, herbs and feta and mix through.
- Pour in enough oil to lightly coat the base of a heavy-based frying pan. Heat over a medium heat, then when hot, drop tablespoonfuls of the quinoa mixture into the pan leaving room to turn them over. The mixture is a little wet and slightly crumbly so lightly press and form into rough rounds with a spatula. Turn fritters once they are golden brown and cook on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with plenty of lemon wedges.
See more of Kathy's picnic recipes