Baguette with roasted eggplant and greens
( MAKES 6 )
- Heat the oven to 210C. Line a large shallow roasting tray with baking paper.
- Place the eggplant slices in the roasting tray. Brush both sides using half of the olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until dark brown and tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl place the anchovies and vinegar. Whisk in the remaining olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place cooled eggplant slices in a bowl and pour over the anchovy dressing along with the shredded mint leaves. Toss to combine.
- Split the baguette pieces in half lengthwise but not cutting all the way through. Fill with cos leaves, cucumber slices and the roasted eggplant slices with their dressing. Finish with coriander leaves.
See more of Kathy's picnic recipes