BBQ asparagus with macadamia herb crumb
( SERVES 4 )
This show stopping dish of BBQ asparagus smothered with a macadamia herb crumb is sure to be your new dinner party go-to. This is seriously delicious and seriously healthy. Win-win! Serve them as an entree or a side next time you have mates over.
For the asparagus
|3 bunches||Asparagus, ends snapped off|
|1 drizzle||Olivado Extra Virgin Macadamia Nut Oil|
|1 pinch||Mrs Rogers Himalayan Pink Salt|
|1 pinch||Mrs Rogers Black Peppercorns, ground|
For the dressing
|2 tsp||Bush Airborne Honey, melted|
|1||Lemon, juice only|
|1 tsp||Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic|
|¼ cup||Olivado Extra Virgin Macadamia Nut Oil|
|¼ cup||Hemp seed|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
For the crumb
- In a fry pan over a high heat, toast the bread crumbs, hemp seeds, garlic, lemon zest & macadamia nuts in a generous drizzle of macadamia oil until golden and crunchy. Season with salt & pepper. Let cool.
- In a bowl combine the golden crunchy crumbs, parmesan, and herbs.
- In a separate bowl combine lemon juice, macadamia nut oil, honey, salt & pepper
- Heat the BBQ to high.
- Brush the asparagus with oil, sprinkle salt and pepper and BBQ until charred all over, making sure they still have a bite (nothing worse than overcooking your asparagus!). Take off the heat and spread out on a beautiful platter.
- Drizzle the asparagus with the dressing and sprinkle with the macadamia crumb.
- Devour while crunchy and hot!
More Fresh barbecue recipes: