Moist pineapple and date loaf
( SERVES 8 )
Imagine moist dates and a topping of pineapple – it’s so good!
|439 g||Canned crushed pineapple, drained, reserve 3 Tbsp pineapple|
|1½ cups||Dates, chopped|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
- Grease well and line with baking paper a 23 x 13cm loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place together the first four ingredients and melt gently.
- Cool and add eggs and flour. Combine gently.
- Place in pan and sprinkle on the reserved pineapple.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Check with skewer for progress.
- When cool, glaze with icing sugar combined with lemon juice and drizzle over loaf.
When you make a loaf, place a strip of paper running lengthways in the pan and up the sides. Even though you spray the pan with cooking spray, this step will make it easy to lift out the loaf when cooked and cooled.