Roma vanilla coffee cake
|2 Tbsp||Coconut oil, (or olive oil)|
|1 Tbsp||Ground coffee beans|
|400 g||Caster sugar|
|4||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|3 cups||Plain flour|
|1½ tsp||Baking powder|
|1¼ cups||Full fat milk|
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Grease a 23cm cake tin generously with coconut oil. Depending on your tin, you may also elect to use some greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, coffee and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs then slowly add to creamed butter a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Once all the egg is incorporated, add vanilla essence. Reduce speed of blender and sift in flour and baking powder in 3 additions, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake tin. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove tin from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before turning cake out onto a wiring rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar followed by a sprinkling of FreshAs.
See more of Simon's recipes that are perfect with a cup of coffee